I got sick so I missed the first opening :c but I’m better now so yea here is my child Jin
EDIT: I GOT IN! I rp through notes so feel free to shoot me one = )------------------------------------------
Height: 6’4’’ (7’7” with horns)
Weight: 195 lbs
Species: Gemsbok Byyst
- can increase body temperature to cope with extreme heat
- excellent sense of hearing and smell
- rarely needs to rehydrate
Ancestry: His mother is a Scimitar Oryx Byyst and his father is a Gemsbok Byyst both from Cogundi.
Gear City: Kwe'laoch
Alliance: Kirche Alliance - although Jin’il does not believe in spirits he does make reference of the them jokingly at times. He has offended several people this way…
Blunt | Condescending | Intelligent | Manipulative | Loyal | Reliable | Unnerving | Malicious
- Blunt & Condescending: He is notorious around the barracks for his sharp tongue and aggravating smirks. He is difficult to befriend because most cannot look past his constant patronizing jibes. What’s most vexing, however, is that most of what he says is mostly true. He will never sugar coat anything for anyone.
- Intelligent & Manipulative: Jin’il is able to gather and analyze information quickly and he uses this skill to his advantage both on and off duty.
- Loyal: It is very difficult to gain Jin’il’s trust but when someone does he will be fully loyal to them; going so far as to even spoil them with small gifts and trinkets. He is also more relaxed around them and his taunts are replaced with good natured teasing.
- Reliable: Despite his “quirks” he is an incredibly dependable soldier. He seldom questions orders and follows them perfectly (whether this is a good or bad thing remains to be seen). He rarely fails to complete a task and will take full responsibility for failure whether he was leading a team or was working alone.
- Unnerving & Malicious: Jin’il loves playing mind games with criminals and to a lesser degree his peers. He gives off an eerie air to make others uncomfortable and thoroughly enjoys watching them squirm under his gaze.
- getting under others skin
- sewing/making toys,
- a good training session
- people he deems “interesting”
- just eating in general
- loud noises
- large bodies of water
- those he can’t reason with
- his tail being pulled
Jin’il’s mother was a healer and the extra medicine made was sold to merchants in Guarmi by his father. When Jin’il was four he decided to accompany his father on one of the trips down river declaring he was old enough to help out. It wasn’t long into the trip when their boat was suddenly overturned and swarmed by bandits. Jin’il was swept up by the currents until he finally washed up only to be found by one of the very same bandits who attacked their boat the day prior. The Ajin bandit, Hwasu, took pity on the unconscious byyst child and made way with him to Khayun. When Jin’il regained consciousness he had neither recollection of the incident nor who he was for that matter. This is when Hwasu dubbed him with the name him “Jin’il”.
Believing Hwasu’s lies that he was abandoned by his parents, Jin’il grew up believing he was unwanted by everyone. Hwasu was never exactly father of the year, often disappearing for weeks at a time and when he returned he reeked of alcohol and wounds littered his body. Jin’il was smart, however, and did whatever he could to make ends pick pocketing, delivery boy etc., and when he was 14 he got into underground fighting. He found comfort in the scene offering a stable pay, something to focus on and he continued participating until he was 17. After having suffered a brutal loss he returned home only to find his adoptive father collapsed in the hallway. Apparently the Ajin had been suffering an illness that was slowly eating away at him and it would be a miracle if he managed to live through the month. Believing he was on deaths door, Hwasu revealed the truth to Jin’il about his past.
To say Jin’il was furious with Hwasu is an understatement, but in the end he decided the Ajin was not worth his time anymore. Though he was unsure of what was waiting for him in Yoryyn, he gathered his things and made way to Cogundi. After weeks of searching he finally made it to the main tribe. Surprisingly it wasn’t that difficult to find his family seeing as they were the only family of oryx byyst in the tribe and he was practically a clone of his father.
As much as Jin’il enjoyed being reunited with his family they were still practically strangers and could not adjust to life in Cogundi. He made the decision to return to Guarmi but with Kwe’Laoch city in sights; where he would enlist into the military and work to protect families like his own from the likes of bandits.
Companion: Hyo Male Zoaren
Hyo, though he may appear lazy and uninterested, is fiercely protective of Jin’il and is constantly looking out for anything that would threaten his partner. He is also incredibly in tune with Jin’il’s emotions and knows when the byyst is need of attention.
- He tries to keep contact with his family as much as possible and owns a few Abey.
- Jin'il injured his right shoulder during a mission a year ago. The plating on his shoulder is less of an armour and more of a brace of sorts as the area tends to ache after excessive use without it.
- He has a surprising fondness for sewing. It started with patching his own clothes as a teenager, and now he mostly makes toys for his friend’s children, his siblings and Hyo. He’s not amazing but he’s good enough to impress small children and a zaoren.
- He carries around a small pouch of random foods to snack on.
- His original yoryyn name is Mijie Atsuna (Only his mother still refers to him as Mijie though).
- Though he is not well liked from a personality aspect he is well respected as a soldier.
I don’t have a specific military rank for him as yet, but I like to think he’d be anywhere from Corporal to Sergeant Major or something idk idk I’ll stop now…
also he came out too skinny why must this happen to me